Feb 2, 2010

5 courses that are overpriced, overrated or just bad layouts

Klein Creek (Winfield) - Disjointed layout weaves through homes, tee shot on 5th hole is target practice for 4th green. Just an over the top course that tries too hard to be different.
Prairie Landing (West Chicago) - Links style premium course that just doesn't live up to the hype or the price.
Ruffled Feathers (Lemont) - Country club wannabe is not worth the money, play it at twilight if you need to. I'd rather spend the extra $50 and go down the street and play Dubsdread.
Mill Creek (Geneva) - Target golf extreme, lots of blind shots, a couple of good holes but not enough for me to like. Pricing has been reduced over the years to fit the quality of the layout.
Woodbine (Lockport) - Really had enough room for 14 holes, so you are constantly on the lookout for errant shots. Might be a little better in 20 years when the trees grow up.

What are your least favorite courses?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on Klein Creek and Prairie Landing; played them once and don't need to go back.

    ReplyDelete

About This Site

I am a life long Chicagoan and an avid golfer (or as much as my wife will let me!). And I am also a closet journalist who needed an outlet, so I decided to write reviews of the golf courses that I've played over the years in Chicago. Plus I've added detailed information on each course to help my fellow public golfers find the ones that best fits their skill level and budgets. So, read the reviews and use the comments to either give me a big "thumbs up" or tell me I'm full of crap, check out the courses and other pages, and let me know what you think... Mr Z