Here is a list of Golf Shops that have been nominated to be added to the list, use the comments section to make your nomination. If a link to a web site exists, click on the shop name:
* Palos Golf - 11226 Southwest Highway, Palos Hills, IL (708) 974-4060
* Ultimate Golf - 7203 Kingery Highway (Route 83), Willowbrook, IL (630) 323-1244
* Cam Golf Warehouse - 2251 E. 198th Street, Lynwood, IL (708) 474-9272
Bar & Restaurants
Here is a list of bars & restaurants that offer specials or are favorite gathering spots for golfers:
* 3 Corners Grill & Tap - 12371 S. Derby Rd., Lemont, IL (630) 257-7780
Specialty beers and great burgers, within 5 minutes of seven 18 hole courses. 15% off food w/scorecard or green fees receipt for that days round.
* Alfie's Inn - 425 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn, IL (630) 858-2506
Right around the corner from Village Links of Glen Ellyn, a great place for burgers and ribs (though I'm partial to the excellent Reuben sandwich).
* Kief's Reef - 3505 S. Wright Rd, McHenry, IL (815) 455-1444
Part family restaurant, part biker bar, but all authentic pub on the west bank of the Fox River on Route 176. Full menu, but huge burgers are a staple. One mile east of Prairie Isle...
* Bristol Tap - 46 S. Cannonball Trail, Bristol, IL (630) 553-6229
Famous for big, juicy, multiple napkin burgers, but make sure you have cash, no credit cards accepted here. Sprecher's Root Beer on tap perfect for tee-totalers. Great place to go after a round at Blackberry Oaks...
* The Shanty - 38985 North Route 41, Wadsworth, IL 847-336-0262
Rustic roadside diner has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and a number of other local shows, and is reknowned for its seafood and burgers. A few miles west of ThunderHawk on the way back to the interstate...
* Quonset Pizza - 2602 Grand Avenue, Waukegan, IL 847-623-7115
Uniquely housed in a quonset hut and with an authentic 50's era décor, featuring pizza and Italian sandwiches. Just south of Bonnie Brook in Waukegan.
* Ed & Joe's - 17332 S. Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 708-532-3051
Pizzeria located in downtown Tinley Park oozes old school charm while serving excellent pizza, sandwiches and salads. Due north of the Odyssey on Oak Park Avenue...
About This Site
- Windy City Public Golfers Guide
- I am a life long Chicagoan and an avid golfer (or as much as my wife will let me!). And I am also a closet journalist who needed an outlet, so I decided to write reviews of the golf courses that I've played over the years in Chicago. Plus I've added detailed information on each course to help my fellow public golfers find the ones that best fits their skill level and budgets. So, read the reviews and use the comments to either give me a big "thumbs up" or tell me I'm full of crap, check out the courses and other pages, and let me know what you think... Mr Z