Apr 27, 2014

GREEN FEE DROP AT ORCHARD VALLEY A BONUS FOR AREA GOLFERS

Orchard Valley Golf Course in Aurora has posted a significant decrease in green fees for the 2014 golf season.  The prime weekend rate with cart is $69, an $11 drop from the $80 charged in 2013, while weekday rates top out at $49 with cart, over $20 less than last year.  For golfers who prefer to walk, an additional $16 can be discounted from the morning rates, and the relatively flat topography and close proximity from green to tee makes Orchard Valley a prime walking track.  Twilight fees (times vary dependent on sunset) top out at a budget friendly $29 ($20 to walk), one of the better late day prices to be found in the Windy City area.

Orchard Valley opened to much acclaim in the early 90's and has consistently been rated as one of the top plays in the Chicagoland area.  The 6,700 yard par 72 Ken Kavanaugh design is known for its creative bunkering, and several holes on both nines weave around the lake that dominates the west end of the property, adding both challenge and scenic views to the layout.  The facility is owned by the Fox Valley Park District and operated
by Billy Casper Golf, and park district residents are entitled to an additional $10 off the morning and early afternoon rates.

The fee adjustment places Orchard Valley in line with some of the other top courses in the Far West region, including Blackberry Oaks, Tanna Farms, Settler's Hill and the Highlands of Elgin.  This long time Windy City Public Golfers Guide favorite is conveniently located a few minutes south of the Orchard Road exit on I-88, and the new price points, coupled with a move from 8 to 9 minute tee time intervals in 2014, provides an excellent value for area golfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Site

I am a life long Chicagoan and an avid golfer (or as much as my wife will let me!). And I am also a closet journalist who needed an outlet, so I decided to write reviews of the golf courses that I've played over the years in Chicago. Plus I've added detailed information on each course to help my fellow public golfers find the ones that best fits their skill level and budgets. So, read the reviews and use the comments to either give me a big "thumbs up" or tell me I'm full of crap, check out the courses and other pages, and let me know what you think... Mr Z