Apr 6, 2012

SETTLER'S HILL PLANS EARLY MAY OPENING

Building a golf course on a landfill is a creative use of normally unusable property, but in the case of Settler's Hill in Batavia, it has delayed the opening of the course for the 2012 season as Waste Management renovation work has affected several holes.  The course is planning an early May opening, dependent on completion of the project and the growth of new turf.

Additionally, the course is also removing several trees from behind and around the 6th & 7th holes to improve air flow and the conditions of the greens.

Settler's Hill is a scenic Kane County Forest Preserve Course that occupies the site of a former Waste Management landfill, and provides some of the biggest elevation changes and views in the Windy City area.  It is located on Fabyan Parkway just west of Kirk Road, about 5 miles north of I-88 at the Farnsworth exit, and just south of the Kane County Cougars home field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Site

I am a life long Chicagoan and an avid golfer (or as much as my wife will let me!). And I am also a closet journalist who needed an outlet, so I decided to write reviews of the golf courses that I've played over the years in Chicago. Plus I've added detailed information on each course to help my fellow public golfers find the ones that best fits their skill level and budgets. So, read the reviews and use the comments to either give me a big "thumbs up" or tell me I'm full of crap, check out the courses and other pages, and let me know what you think... Mr Z