Apr 24, 2012

Pine Meadow Drops Top Rates for 2012 Season

Pine Meadow Golf Club in Mundelein, one of the top public courses in the Windy City area, has recently announced a reduction in green fees for the 2012 season.  The rate with cart during weekdays is now $75 ($59 walking), a $10 drop from 2011, while the weekend rate is now $89 ($73 walking), an $11 savings from last year.  The weekend rate falls to $59 walk / $75 ride at Noon, and twilight rates are $39 / $49 at 4 pm every day.

Built on the site of the St. Mary of the Lake Seminary, Pine Meadow is a total redesign of the original seminary course built in 1929.  The 1st family of public golf in Chicago, the Jemsek's, leased the original course from the Archdiocese of Chicago and Pine Meadow debuted in 1986 and was named America's Best New Public Course by Golf Digest.  The course has consistently been considered as one of the top 10 Public Courses in Illinois.

With the significant reduction in green fees at Pine Meadow, there are now 5 public courses in Chicagoland whose top rate with cart (or caddie) reaches triple figures.  The list consists of the Glen Club in Glenview ($209), Cog Hill #4 in Lemont ($155), Cantigny Golf in Wheaton ($115), Bolingbrook Golf Club ($110), and Seven Bridges in Woodridge ($107).  Other courses over $90 include Prairie Landing (West Chicago), Stonewal Orchard (Grayslake), Makray Memorial (Barrington), Bowes Creek (Elgin) and Ruffled Feathers (Lemont).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Site

I am a life long Chicagoan and an avid golfer (or as much as my wife will let me!). And I am also a closet journalist who needed an outlet, so I decided to write reviews of the golf courses that I've played over the years in Chicago. Plus I've added detailed information on each course to help my fellow public golfers find the ones that best fits their skill level and budgets. So, read the reviews and use the comments to either give me a big "thumbs up" or tell me I'm full of crap, check out the courses and other pages, and let me know what you think... Mr Z